Interested in becoming a USPC Judge?
Our testing process is some of the most advanced and stringent in the industry. To pass our ONLINE test you will need to utilize our USPC Rulebook and Judges Handbook.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have participated as a lifter in at least two (2) sanctioned meets, regardless of federation.
- Must prepare for and take the USPC Online Exam.
- Must achieve at least a 90% score on the USPC Online Exam.
- Must complete the “Judge’s Functional Exam” within ninety (90) days after passing the USPC Online Exam.
- Please note: The United States Powerlifting Coalition reserves the right to a perform background check on any meet personnel.
Passed your online test?
The next step to complete the process of becoming a judge is to take your Functional Exam (unless grandfathered from another federation). The Functional Exam takes place at a USPC Meet (confirm with the meet director that it will be offered for that specific meet) and while there, you will sit with a National or International Judge and actively participate in judging and working a powerlifting meet. You will need to claim your spot on the "Meet Staff and Volunteer Sign Up" link as Functional Exam spots are limited for each meet. We will provide you with a shirt for your Functional. Please place your Judge’s Shirt Order at least 2 weeks before the meet you plan to work (sooner is better), after you have passed your Functional exam.